xr18 windows drivers won't install

M/X Air Digital Mixer Series
xxjohnboy

xr18 windows drivers won't install

Post by xxjohnboy »

Going a bit crazy, and have hit a brick wall now. Any help is appreciated. This is my last ditch effort before giving up on the xr18 for recording.

I'm using windows 11, I have downloaded the driver. I have tried installing X18 USB Audio Driver Version 5.12.0, as well as XR18 Windows-Driver Version 4.59. Neither of them finish installing on my windows 11 laptop.

At the end of the attempted installation, it says asks if I would like to disconnect later. Actually, this link describes it exactly. https://community.musictribe.com/discus ... to-install

There are some attempted solutions in that post, saying that once I reconnect the usb, the driver will finish installing. However, this is not actually happening.

Now I am completely stuck....

Thank you!
pmaillot

Re: xr18 windows drivers won't install

Post by pmaillot »

You probably can delete the driver files and settings entries from Windows before trying again... of that's a possibility/option.
Maybe also clean registry entries too.
I'd suggest looking into getting W11 support before attempting again to install a driver that 's not signed for W11. There may be something you can do to make the install work (some kind of compatibility install mode?).
xxjohnboy

Post by xxjohnboy »

Ok. I finally figured it out. I actually have the MR18, and since everything has been identical to the xr18, it never occurred to me to look for an mr18 driver instead of an xr18 driver. mr18 driver works!!
pmaillot

Post by pmaillot »

Ah... yes, M and X drivers are different. Whatever the reason is; I stumbled (too) on this just before starting a concert, The FOH was a M32 and I had my PC prepared for REAPER + X32 USB drivers... Had to download the M32 USB driver to get my PC to record the concert... did it just in time :).

Return to “M/X-Air Digital Mixers”